GREEN DIOCESE INITIATIVE
On 1st September 2018, Oswald Cardinal Gracias, Archbishop of Bombay, launched the Green Diocese Initiative – an on-going process of caring for our common home.
The AOE animates this process through a five-point thrust comprising:
- Personal Lifestyles
LAUDATO SI’ DIOCESE
In 2021, the Archdiocese of Bombay embarked on a seven-year journey towards integral ecology through the Laudato Si’ Action Platform launched by the Vatican Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development. The inspiration from the encyclical Laudato Si’ will be the foundation of future activities, while networking and sharing of resources between the various platform partners will enhance the greening of the diocese.
- Office of Human Development / Climate Change Desk - Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences (OHD/CCD-FABC)
- Commission for Ecology - Conference of Catholic Bishops of India (CCBI)
- Institute for Community Organisation Research (ICOR)
- Justice and Peace Commission (JPC)
- Diocesan Youth Centre (DYC)
- Diocesan Catechetical Centre (DCC)
We are developing our new website and expect to change over sometime soon. In the interim, updates will continue to be posted here.
Watch this new video from Pope Francis encouraging us to join the global Catholic family in the Laudato Si' Action Platform.
The Laudato Si' Action Platform is a space to learn and grow together as we journey towards integral ecology. It's a way to reflect and take action, honoring our Creator, protecting creation, and growing in love for our sisters and brothers.
Join this community by making a commitment to a Laudato Si' Plan.